Whether you are an established economist or an emerging scholar in the field, you will find membership a rewarding experience with far-reaching impact on your career. It’s a place where you can make important contributions to the distinction of our profession.
AEA Membership Benefits
- Journals: Online access to all seven AEA journals, including nearly 20 years of archived journal articles and online pre-publication accepted articles. NOTE: As of January 2017, JSTOR will be automatically included in your membership to AEA (no $16 additional fee!)
- Discounts: Discounted submission fees for the American Economic Review and the American Economic Journals; discounts on the Continuing Education Program.
- Annual Meeting: Submit papers to be considered for presentation at the AEA Annual Meeting, volunteer to chair a session, or collaborate with other authors on a session proposal via the AEA's EconHarmony to significantly increase the chances your paper will be included in the meeting program.
- News and Announcements: Receive "first-alert" online announcements of upcoming events, Call for Papers, new member benefits, and publication alerts for all seven AEA journals in the subject classifications of your choice. Learn about developing legislation, regulations and agency decisions that are relevant to the scientific interests of economists by signing up for Committee on Government Relations Announcements.
- Webcasts: View webcasts of selected AEA Annual Meeting and Continuing Education sessions online.
- Online Bibliography: Use EconLit for Members, a special version of the AEA's authoritative database customized for use outside of an institutional setting.
- Election of Officers: Vote in the annual election of officers and attend the Annual Business Meeting.
- Member Directory: Complimentary listing in the AEA Directory of Members.
- Insurance: Sign up for Group Term Life Insurance & Short Term Recovery Health Care.